My family loves this Crockpot Chicken With Stove Top Stuffing! We both love the old-fashioned, home cooked flavor of the stuffing made in the oven and then served with chicken cooked in the crock-pot. This is a unique way to make roasted chicken that everyone will love.
Simple Crockpot Chicken With Stove Top Stuffing – This recipe is so easy and full of flavor. You’ll love the amazing aroma it produces.
Scroll to Bottom for Printable Recipe Card.
This simple recipe is perfect for a family dinner after work. The prep takes about 5-10 minutes, and the results are delicious!
Remember it later
Like this recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW
You can serve this recipe with a side of veggies and some bread. We love to make a sandwich with this recipe and put the chicken and stuffing inside the bread with a little cranberry jam! It is filling and one might consider this a wonderful comfort food meal.
We used a low sodium stuffing mix in our recipe since this recipe has plenty of flavors already!
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 boxes Stovetop Chicken Stuffing Mix
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND STUFFING?
- Step 1:Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Tip – we love to use olive oil non-stick spray in our crockpot!
- Step 2:Coat each chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste. If you want a little spice, add a pinch of cayenne! Once coated, lay the chicken down at bottom of the slow cooker
- Step 3:Pour chicken stuffing mix in the slow cooker on chicken.
- Step 4:In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 1 can of chicken broth. Pour over stuffing.
We recommend lightly mix the stuffing and coup mixture in a crockpot. This will help avoid the stuffing sticking to the pan.
- Step 5:Cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4 hours. The luxury of slow cookers!
- Step 6:Once done, mix up stuffing and soup mixture. We love to make a sandwich with this recipe and put the chicken and stuffing inside the bread with a little cranberry jam! It is a great comfort food recipe
If you are looking for a one pot meal that your family will go crazy over, try thisCrockpot Chicken and Stuffingrecipe. From start to finish, it is so simple and packed with everything you need for an amazing dinner your family will love.
Chicken and Stuffing Crockpot Recipe:
We love one pot meals around here for busy week night dinners and even better when the recipe uses the slow cooker! You can even serve this during your holiday dinner.
Our family recently devoured this Crock Pot Chicken and Stove Top Stuffing recipe for dinner and I can’t wait to share it with you today. The kids went crazy over it and asked for more.
This recipe is the perfect comfort food and a great family dinner idea.Not only is this meal great for a cold winter day, but it is budget friendly meal. I love meals that I can prepare that doesn’t cost a lot but it very filling for my family.
Easy One Pot Dinner!
This easy one pot dinner is a complete meal. Literally everything you need for the meal gets tossed in the crockpot- chicken, stuffing, green beans. You have everything you need for an entire dinner in this one slow cooker. Plus, the chicken broth keeps the chicken very juicy!
There is no need for other pots and pans. The entire dinner is in the crockpot. Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing can be made in the instant pot as well.
More Chicken and Stuffing Recipes to try
TheInstant Pot Chicken and Stuffing Recipeis great for those busy nights when you forgot to set something out. We have all have been there before! The Instant Pot saves you so much time! It has been a game changer for my busy family.
Everyone will love thisrecipe!
Once you come home, dinner is ready and waiting. This is the perfect meal when you will be gone and have activities and a crazy schedule. This is one of my family favorites meal!
Dinner time does not have to be hectic or expensive. This is a great meal to please everyone and frugal too. We love makingcrockpot recipes, especially recipes that everything goes in the crockpot! It makes dinner time a breeze!
You will need a slow cooker for this recipe:
Any crock pot will work great for this recipe. I have been using thismulti-cookerand it work greats.
If you prefer a traditional style crock pot, there areseveral others on sale here. Another favorite is thisprogrammable crock potfor when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to usecrock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
- Chicken breasts, boneless skinless– Generally I use chicken breasts in this recipe but boneless chicken thighs would be delicious too.
- Garlic Salt– Garlic Powder or minced garlic would work great too.
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Stove Top chicken boxed Stuffing mix
- Frozen green beans– I do not recommend canned green beans for this recipe as they will fall apart with the long cook time that is needed to make this crock pot recipe.
How to make Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing:
- Place the boneless seasoned chicken breast in the crock pot. I like to filet mine, but that is optional.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream of chicken soup and sour cream.Some recipes call for 1 cup of water to be mixed into this mixture; however, I have found that this is not needed as the chicken releases a lot of water as it cooks.
- Then spread this mixture over the chicken in the crock pot. This mixture will be thicken so spread as evenly as you can.
- Then sprinkle the box of Stove Top Stuffing on top of the chicken. Do not mix in and sprinkle on top as evenly as possible.
- Then add the frozen green beans on top of the stuffing mixture.
- Next season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on top. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours until the chicken is cooked through.Cooking times will vary based on your slow cooker as each slow cooker cooks a bit differently.
Can you make thiswithout cream soup?
It is so easy and tastes really delicious. This is a great option and only takes a few minutes to make.
Just use what works for your family.Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing recipe will be delicious with either option.
Sour Cream Substitutes
If you cannot have sour cream or you don’t have any on hand, these substitutions work great in this recipe.
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- or Milk (as a last resort)
Variations to try:
- Try using Cream of Mushroom Soup or Cream of Celeryinstead of Cream of Chicken Soup. Any cream based soup would work great in this recipe.
- Add celery and onionsto the stuffing mix before sprinkling it on top.
- Substitute cornbread stuffinginstead of the stovetop stuffing for a different flavor. Any dry stuffing mix will work in this recipe so I recommend using your favorite type.
- Add water chestnutsto the stuffing mixture.
- Use different vegetablesinstead of green beans in this recipe. Carrots, Corn or Potatoes would all work great in this recipe too. I think broccoli would be delicious as well but it does get very soft in the crock pot so if you are using broccoli, then add it only for the last 30-60 minutes of the cook time.
Tips for Chicken and Stuffing:
- Use non-stick cooking spray– If your crock pot doesn’t have a non stick insert that I recommend using a non stick cooking spray before making this dinner for easy serving.
- Filet the Chicken.– If your chicken breasts are larger, filet them into smaller pieces so that they cook more evenly.
- It is important to layer ingredients and not mix.– Layer in the ingredients in the crock pot instead of mixing them together. This is hard as most of my other recipes require mixing but not this one. Evenly layer the ingredients in instead.
- Do NOT prepare the stuffing mix based on the package instructions.– Just sprinkle the dry mix on top and the moisture from the meal with create the stuffing for this recipe.
How to make a firmer stuffing?
The stuffing in this recipe is softer since it’s cooked in a slow cooker. If you like more firm stuffing, you can add more of the mix to this recipe.
Plus you can remove the lid from the crock pot for the last 30-60 minutes of the cook time so that some of the extra moisture will cook off of the stuffing in the slow cooker.
Also you can place the stuffing in the oven to make it crispier. Place the stuffing in an oven safe dish and bake it at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until the top of the stuffing has browned slightly.
What to Serve with Chicken and Stuffing?
Not much is needed to be serve with this easy recipe as it’s definitely a one pot meal.
The only item I can think of that might be yummy to add is a side ofcranberry sauceor a simple side salad but that is totally optional. That is why I love this recipe. All the ingredients go in one pot.
This recipe has your protein, vegetables and a starch! Nothing else is needed to make a complete meal for your family.
Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe is easy
The stuffing and green beans help to stretch the chicken breast in this casserole. Ihave used chicken thighs or a mix of chicken thighs and chicken breasts to keep the cost down.
I often just use what I have in the freezer or what is on sale at the grocery store.We love simple recipes like this and everyone looks forward to when this recipe is on the menu plan for that week.
By shopping when things are on sale Isave money on groceriesand it really helps our budget.Saving money and feeding a big family can be accomplished.
Trust me, I have 8 kids.Once I find a meal everyone loves and it is frugal friendly, I keep it on the regular menu plan rotation!
How to store Chicken and Stuffing:
We are sure you are going to love this chicken and stuffing recipe. If you do have leftovers, you can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It last about 5-7 days.
My best tip when store leftovers is to put in individual containers. My husband loves this so he can grab a quick container of leftovers as he heads out the door. Saves money and avoids the fast food drive-thru.
Can this meal be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze this meal. Be sure to put in a freezer safe container and it will last up to 3-4 months.
To reheat individual portion, just place in a microwave safe dish and start with about 1 minute then stir. Continue to do this until stuffing is heated. Make sure to thaw first before reheating in the microwave.
If I have a lot of chicken stuffing leftover, I will place in a baking dish and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Dump chicken and stove top stuffing in slow cooker for “Summertime Thanksgiving”
Slow cooker meals can be a lifesaver and this one is my new favorite. 🥘😋
Sometimes, you crave eggnog in May.
Sometimes, it’s Thanksgiving in summer.
It’s hard because we don’t usually have these any time of the year. After all, it will ruin the spirit of the season.
But, have you ever heard of the term“Summersgiving?”
Summersgiving is like Thanksgiving, but it’s celebrated, well, in Summer.
“Summersgiving is a national day observed on the Saturday after the Summer Solstice. It was started in 2009 by Robert Solomon because he loved Thanksgiving so much and wanted to do something similar to celebrate summer with friends.”
If this is the first time that you’ve heard about it, feel free to be excited. Come to think of it, you can already start planning to celebrate Summersgiving this year.
Leslie Madren, the owner of the YouTube channel The Farming Pastor’s Wife, posted a video on her account with 83.2K subscribers.
She posted a simple recipe.
It’s a recipe that you can prepare and leave to cook. It’s perfect for those who are busy or are still working from home.
After work, you can enjoy this filling and delectable meal.
You’ll need 7 ingredients:
- 4 chicken breast
- Seasoning of your choice
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 6oz box stove-top stuffing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
To prepare a crockpot Summersgiving meal:
Step 1.Lay your chicken breasts in your crockpot.
Step 2.Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Don’t add too much because you will use other seasonings and dressing.
Step 3.(Optional) In the video, she used chicken seasoning. You can also add.
Step 4.In a measuring bowl, pour the contents of the cream of chicken, and half a cup of sour cream.
Step 5.In a separate container, add chicken bouillon or powder and mix it with water.
Step 6.Once that is all mixed up, pour it into your sour cream and cream of chicken mixture.
Step 7.Go back to the crock-pot and add stove-top chicken stuffing. Summersgiving won’t be complete without it.
Step 8.Now, pour your cream mixture into your chicken. Spread it well.
This is to cook for around 4 hours, but Leslie recommends that it’s best to check at 3 hours. Sometimes, depending on the chicken, the dish could turn out dry.
You may need to add some broth or water.
Tip # 2:
You could mix it or just allow it to be served whole.
Serve hot with your choice of side dishes. This meal would go really well with mashed potatoes, corn, peas, or any side dish you fancy.
Looks so good and the whole process was not that complicated.
According to her husband, the chicken was tender and moist. The seasoning was good and she was able to incorporate all the flavors.
He also showed how he butters his corn.